The STI & HIV 2019 Program Committee invites submissions from individuals or groups to conduct Special Interest Workshops and Symposia, which will be held on the first day of the Congress (Sunday, July 14, 2019) prior to the official opening of the Congress. Workshops/Symposia are normally between 1.5 hours and 4 hours in length. All topics relevant to STI & HIV related topics are welcomed.
Workshop/symposia proposals that incorporate a variety of instructional approaches (e.g. lecture, interactive discussion) and materials (e.g. slides, handouts, sample data) are strongly encouraged. We welcome workshops and symposia that provide practical guidance for conducting and managing team science in a variety of contexts and settings, and workshops with a focus on developing team science educational and training resources.
All proposals must be submitted online. Workshop submissions are due by October 30, 2018, for consideration, and submission acceptance notifications will be sent no later than Friday, November 30, 2018. Workshop/symposia space is limited and it is possible that not all proposals can be accommodated.
Proposal Content and Format
Workshop/symposia proposals should include a one-page summary of the workshop/symposium, including:
- Description of workshop/symposium
- Statement regarding how the workshop can benefit STI &HIV 2019 Congress attendees
- Outline of proposed course materials to be distributed
- Three main objectives describing the specific skills that participants will gain from attending the workshop/symposium
Submissions should also include the following information:
- Title of the workshop/symposium
- Name and email of the contact person who will be responsible for Congress correspondence
- Name of proposed workshop/symposium speaker(s) with institutional affiliation and email address
- The intended audience for the workshop/symposium
- Maximum number of attendees per session (if applicable)
- Any special A/V needs or room set up requirements (if applicable)
- Length of workshop/symposium (normally 1.5 – 4 hours)
Important Things to Note Before Submitting a Proposal:
- If your workshop/symposium proposal is accepted, the STI & HIV 2019 Congress will provide a session room with basic AV equipment (projector, screen, microphones). Should you require additional equipment for your workshop, the additional cost will be at the workshop organizer’s expense.
- The workshop/symposium will be listed in the program on the website, in the program book, mobile app and in all official Congress materials, however, you are encouraged to personally invite people to attend the workshop. Anyone attending the workshop/symposium will have to be registered for the STI & HIV 2019 Congress.
- STI & HIV 2019 Congress will not be able to cover any expenses for speakers of your workshop/symposium and neither will we be able to provide complimentary congress registrations.
- Food & Beverage can be ordered for the workshop/symposium through the Congress Secretariat but will be at the workshop organizer’s expense.
- It will be the organizer’s responsibility to make all arrangements for the workshop/symposium including speaker arrangements.